Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Nonrestricted Lifestyle

I think about eternity a lot... wait no, that's not possible cause eternity is a definable, unconcieveable concept. Take some time to think about it :) What I mean is I think about time a lot, a lot of time, time + time x time. The word is starting to sound funny, but anyway my point is that time exists as a dangerous thought for most people. It's obviously a restriction in setting up our daily activities, but it also has a hazardous affect on long-term goals and our idea of a good life.

If you knew you would live forever would that change the way you act today? There are plenty of things we don't do or never aspire to do because we don't view ourselves as having time for it. It's my view that we have time for everything we could possibly want to do in our entire lives, because of how much time is wasted by not doing much of anything. The skills needed to do anything at all can be learned given enough time. It's not necessary to start sports as a child for instance; like I love it when I see older people snowboarding; hearing about 30 year olds picking up surfing (Rob Lowe for instance); and people like my brother in law starting skateboarding when he was 21 or so. It only takes a few years to become pretty good at just about anything, so why not start doing everything you ever wanted to do!

Does your concept of time have any real life restrictions on what you allow yourself to do? I saw myself as overweight for the last year or so and I was afraid to get into heavy aerobics, because I knew how long it would take. I knew though that I'm going to be living soo long that I might as well lose the weight now and enjoy being healthy longer.

Have you ever just sat and watched a clock move for 16 hours straight (one day ish)? No one has! It'd be too boring!! Yet that's how much time we have everyday to do whatever we want. It's a lot of time whether or not we fill it with activities.

Do you have apportioned segments of your life lined out to do certain things? education, work, family, retirement, vacation, etc.? If we view time as lasting forever we don't have to worry about 'just finishing school up', we can enjoy it for what it is and realize a good life most likely includes some form of continual education, work, family/friend sacrifice, vacation, etc.

In my opinion life is so long that I don't see a point in thinking about it ever ending. I view life as eternal. There is no light at the end of a tunnel, it's just a tunnel, so do whatever constitutes a good life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment